Myrtle Beach dining: Golf and sushi are a great combination on the Grand Strand
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Sushi has become a primary for many people on a Myrtle Beach golf vacation.
Sushi comes with enough options to satisfy most any palette, and with choice has come popularity. The Japanese dish is available throughout the Grand Strand, but we are here to help you narrow the list. If you are looking for sushi, here are five Myrtle Beach-area restaurants that will please.
1. Soho: Located just two blocks from the beach on 21st Ave. N. in Myrtle Beach, Soho doubles as a trendy nightspot and the area's best sushi bar. Options are aplenty, but here is a vote for the spicy tuna with avocado and tempura flakes.
2. King Kong Sushi: The decor, not surprisingly, features King Kong, including a glowing image located behind the bar, but there is plenty of substance to accompany style. King Kong has two locations, including one at Broadway at the Beach, and you can watch the chefs prepare some of the more than 100 rolls on the menu. Looking for a recommendation? Try the No Name sushi, a delectable combination of shrimp tempura and crab topped with tuna, avocado, spicy mayo and a sweet glaze.
3. Divine Fish House: The name doesn't scream sushi, but Divine takes the Fish House part of its name seriously, hence the presence of a full sushi bar. The sushi is very good, as a meal or an appetizer, and the view overlooking the Inlet is unmatched.
4. Indo-Thai: Indo-Thai features two locations, one directly across from Grande Dunes Golf Club, the other in Pawleys Island, and if you are looking for good sushi (or even, duh, Indo-Thai food) don't miss it. The shrimp tempura roll is a local favorite.
5. Sugami Japanese Restaurant: Located on 48th Ave. N. in the heart of Myrtle Beach, Sugami is a popular night spot among locals and home to some of the area's most creative sushi rolls. Throw in a relaxing atmosphere, spicy crab sushi, and wide variety of Japanese beers and sake, and Sugami is a nice place to spend an evening.
October 13, 2010