International Club of Myrtle Beach
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina 29576
Phone(s): (866) 900-5507, (843) 651-9995
Fax: (843) 651-9377
The first thing you might notice at the International Club, located in Murrell's Inlet just south of Myrtle Beach, is the size of the greens. They're big. Very big.
The USGA reports that the average size of greens on U.S. golf courses is about 6,600 square feet. The smallest green at International, according to club officials, is about 7,000. Your average golfer likes this fact.
"Most mid to high handicappers have a sense of comfort when they reach the green, because we can all sink a 60-feet putt every once in a while," head pro Rick Taylor told TravelGolf.com in a review.
"Your average golfer is scared to death looking at a small green from 180 yards away, and they'd rather have a long putt than a short chip."
Opened in 2000, International was one of the first courses to go to TifEagle Bermuda grass on its greens. TifEagle can be cut shorter than older Bermuda strains and rolls almost as true as bentgrass.
Golfers also like the comparatively low green fees at the course, designed by prolific Southeast architect Willard Byrd. It's 6,790 yards, but some long, tight par-4s on the back nine and two par-23s over 200 yards add some muscle.
The course is part of a 700-acre development project. "We have eight holes with protected wetlands, so those holes will never have homes on them," Taylor said.
- The International Club Takes its Place Atop the Classics Golf Group
- International Club golf course just south of Myrtle Beach: World class in every way
- Gallery: The International Club in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
- The International Club south of Myrtle Beach welcomes world travelers
- Gallery: The International Club of Myrtle Beach -- A Lowcountry-style lesson in geography
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Willard Byrd
- Public/Private: Public
- Year opened: 2000
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs:
- Rental carts: Yes
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $59 - $69
- Weekends: $59 - $69
- Tee times from $39 - Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Proper attire is required.
- Credit cards accepted:
Length, slope and rating for each tee