Ocean Winds Course at Seabrook Island Resort
Johns Island, South Carolina 29455
Phone(s): (843) 768-2529
Fax: (843) 768-7876
The Ocean Winds course, designed by Willard Byrd, is a classic, but tricky seaside layout which requires lots of shot planning. The tricky ocean breezes and narrow fairways will really test your shot making ability. This par 72, 6805 yard course winds you through some of the most spectacular views of this 2,200 acre barrier island. The natural beauty of Ocean Winds will bring you back time and time again.
More wind and water give golfers ample opportunities for trouble throughout the course, however the front and back nines play completely different. The front nine is more straightforward, which will lull you into the back nine which gives a player a wilder and more scenic island ride.
"Ocean Winds is the type of course aggressive golfers will love," said a TravelGolf.com writer. "There is really a lot of exciting risk-reward opportunities."
Still, the course maintains its resort-golf integrity by giving players some scoring opportunities throughout the 6,731-yard, 139-slope rated run.
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Willard Byrd
- Public/Private: Resort
- Year opened: 1975
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Closed
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda
- Greens: Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $105 - $160
- Weekends: $105 - $160
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Men: tucked shirts with collar, (mock necks are allowed) and sleeves and slacks or golf shorts not more than 4 inches above the knee. No jeans or cutoff short pants.
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee