Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes Resort
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928
Phone(s): (866) 380-1779
Fax: (843) 785-4148
Opened for play in the spring of 1986, the Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes Resort is one of the most distinctive layouts in the area.
The Hills site was blessed with continuous lines of dunes and thick stands of palmettos. The renown architect took full advantage of the natural dunes and created an continously rolling layout with dramatic elevation changes.
This course has a unique seaside character, with rough and fairway bunkers notably absent. The dune lines continue into the greens, thus creating undulating surfaces. Off-balance lies and ocean breezes are a constant challenge, and lagoons come into play on many holes.
The course offers superior, tournament-quality putting surfaces year-round.
- The Hills golf course at Palmetto Dunes: Take on the Hilton Head course that tamed Tiger Woods
- Gallery: The Arthur Hills golf course at Palmetto Dunes - Hilton Head Island, S.C.
- Arthur Hills' golf course at Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head: The brain outweighs the driver
- Hills Courses at Palmetto Dunes and Palmetto Hall Still Two of Island's Best
- Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes: Hilton Head Resort Golf at its Best
- Gallery: The Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head Island
- Gallery: Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort in Hilton Head, S.C.
- Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes Resort: A challenge around every corner
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Arthur Hills
- Public/Private: Resort
- Year opened: 1986
- Golf Season: year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $100 - $250
- Weekends: $100 - $250
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code:
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee